Thursday, May 22, 2008

Camping at Icicle

Last weekend we went camping up at Icicle River with my Mom and Dad, Derrik, Mitch, and Jordyn. We all had so much fun, even me. Some of my best memories as a kid were camping with my family but as an adult it hasn't seemed like so much fun,(I like my comfortable bed, a shower and my kids bathed and clean), and the few times Lynn and I have tried we haven't had the greatest experiences. But it was a lot of fun this time. Hmmm.... part of that could have been the fact that we went up a day after my parents so they had everything set up for us when we got there & they packed and cooked all the food. We helped clean up the campsite and take down tents but that was it. Thanks mom and dad! We really did have a great time, kids filthy dirty and all, and here's a few pictures to prove it!
Case, Jett, and Gage with the headlights grandpa bought.
Case helping dad start the fire.
Roasting hot dogs and marshmallows for smores.

Uncle Derrik paying catch with Case and Gage.
Grandpa Kent and his shadow Jett.
The boys taking a break.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like fun! We have a campsite reserved that we'd be happy to share at the reunion! Who needs Hotels?

Scott & Tami said...

Jami, Welcome to the bloggin world!!!! It's about time. I just found your blog through your comment on Rischel's blog. I just stayed at Lindsay's last night...it was so good to see her...she has the cutest little family. So do you...your boys are the cutest!!! Isn't it nice to have your parents close to help out with the kids. Where are the photos of you!!!!

Lindsay said...

Jami, I am so happy to you have a blog. The camping trip looks like so much fun. I want to do more camping this year with the kids. Your boys are so dang cute. Talk to you soon.

Rischel said...

Jami,
I am curious how far away it is you went camping?? I live in the same town as you and now I can someowhat keep in touch with you. Don't be a stranger... I'll try also.